Our Got Milk? exhibit featured the William Marshal Mehring milking machine that he patented in 1892. The Carroll County resident received a patent on the milking machine that was marketed and sold across the country. The Mehring machine allowed a farmer to milk two cows at once. Linda Zimmerman, a Taneytown resident, loaned this milker to the museum for the exhibit. Another Mehring milker, an upright version which used a hand pump, was also on loan from Nancy Eyler, exhibits and artifacts coordinator of the Museum. The milking machines were made in Keymar, MD. Also on display was a piece of the Taneytown Creamery, loaned from Linda Zimmerman’s agricultural memorabilia. Local dairy advertising, large scale butter churn, old milk bottles, and other items were to be seen!