2023 Calendar of Events
- March 27 – THMA General Meeting, Grace UCC
- April 16 – Museum Opening – new main exhibit – Taneytown Agri-Culture
- April 24 – THMA General meeting, Grace UCC
- May 22 – THMA General Meeting & Election of Officers, Grace UCC
- June 10 – Hudson Day & Taneytown Wine & Art Festival
- August 5 – 19th Museum Anniversary
- September 15 – 11th Annual “One More Round for George” Golf Tournament
- September 25 – THMA General meeting, Grace UCC
- October 23 – THMA General meeting, Grace UCC
- November 27 – THMA Holiday dinner & entertainment, Grace UCC
- November 22 – December 16 – Holiday of Trees, Wreaths & Centerpieces
Museum Gift Shop items may be obtained by calling Sandy 410-756-6077, or message at museum 443-918-8687. Check “Gift Shop” in menu at top of page to see what is available and prices. Visit the gift shop during museum hours (re-opening in spring of 2023).
Amish Made Brooms are available at Crouse Ford, and Wantz Chevrolet in Taneytown, Md.
2022 Museum Ornaments available at Crouse Ford, and NWSB Bank a division of ACNB Bank in Taneytown or call numbers above for ornaments prior to 2022.
Proceeds from items in the gift shop help support the museum in its endeavor to “keep Taneytown’s history alive” through displays available to the public.
Museum Newsletters are posted to this site bi-monthly.
‘Search’ Newsletters or go to the “News” in the menu at the top of this page to get your copy of the bi-monthly newsletter
On the front lawn of the museum grounds, you will find the Taneytown School bell from 1900. The bell was dedicated on April 2, 2017 in honor of the late George B. Crouse and George W. Naylor, founders of the Taneytown History Museum.
Welcome to the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association, Inc. ~ In October 2014, the Taneytown Heritage Committee, established in 1986, and the Taneytown History Museum, established in 2004, merged to form Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association, Inc.(T.H.M.A.). T.H.M.A. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
If interested in being a volunteer… please call Pam Reed at 410-984-2427. As a non-profit, all volunteer organization there are many opportunities to help.
Look under “News” in the menu items for past newsletters and videos about the museum