Welcome to the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association, Inc. The museum, was established in downtown Taneytown Maryland. August 2, 2015 is the 11 year anniversary.
The Taneytown Heritage Committee was established in 1986.
Museum Temporarily Closed
The Taneytown History Museum is currently closed. In October 2013 the museum purchased property at 340 East Baltimore, Taneytown to house the museum. Since that time we have been working with an architect to make the museum ADA compliant. A contractor was selected, Valley Crest, Inc. and the permitting process has completed. Work began in early June and is very near completion. The last phase of the renovations will allow the us to obtain approval for the building to be used as an ADA compliant museum. All of the demolition work has been completed. The ADA bathroom has been completed. New flooring has been installed and painting has been completed. The upstairs fire escape work has begun and will soon be erected. A new concrete walkway to the basement entrance is completed. The board sought advice of a landscaper and all existing shrubbery and the tree in front of the museum have been removed. Replacements will be made with lower profile plants. In the near future volunteers will be solicited to help with cleaning and getting the display areas set up. There will be a grand opening when the museum is ready to open to the public.
We do have some small exhibits at New Windsor State Bank, 222 East Baltimore Street, Taneytown. Gift shop items are displayed and available for purchase. We thank the community for all of your ongoing support.
News & Announcements
Taneytown History Museum Displays
Taneytown Museum displays are currently at New Windsor State Bank, 222 East Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD.
Partnership with Taneytown Heritage Committee
We are pleased to announce in October 2014 the museum joined the Taneytown Heritage Committee to form the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association, Inc. and has a 501 (c) (3) non-profit status.
2015 Upcoming Events
Heritage and History Meetings are held at Grace United Church of Christ, 49 W. Baltimore Street, Taneytown, Parish Hall. All meetings begin at 7:00 P.M. with a brief business meeting followed by a guest speaker and light refreshments afterward. Handicap parking is available on Cemetery Road. Parking lot on Maple Drive in back of church. Meetings are free and open to the public. Light refreshments will follow each program.
- October 25, 2015 Meeting – speaker Richard Hull of Westminster will talk about the Mason Dixon Line mile marker that is on loan to the Taneytown History Museum. It is at present on display at New Windsor State Bank, Taneytown branch. He is a member of the Mason Dixon Line Preservation Partnership and will tell us the history of the Line and the importance of the work in preserving this historical marker.
- November 22, 2015 Holiday Dinner with
entertainment. $$ TBA
Kennie’s Market 5 minute Shopping Spree Raffle at the Taneytown Market Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7 A.M. Ticket prices $2 each, 3 for $5 or $7 for $10.
- First prize 5-Minute Shopping Spree
- Second prize $50 gift certificate for Kennie’s Market.
- Third prize $50 gift certificate for Sheetz.
- Fourth prize gift certificate to Designer’s Edge.
Official Rules of Kennie’s Marketplace Grocery Shopping Spree
1. PRIZE: The prize consists of all the groceries (EXCLUDING MEAT, POULTRY, SEAFOOD, DELI, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND HEALTH AND BEAUTY PRODUCTS) that can be picked off the shelves and put in your shopping cart(s) in the 5 minute time limit. Only one person will be allowed to shop so no teams allowed. The winner will start at the register with an empty cart, shop for items, return the filled cart to the register, get another cart and continue in the same manner until the time limit expires. All items in the cart(s) at the time limit will be counted. There will be a FOUR COUNT LIMIT of any one item. If winnings are OVER $599.00, the winner will receive a 1099 IRS form.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to legal residents of the United States over the age of 18. All applicable federal, state and local laws, taxes and regulations apply. Officers of the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association are ineligible.
3. WINNER SELECTION: The winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received by midnight November 6, 2015. The drawing will take place on November 7, 2015, at Kennie’s, Taneytown, customer service desk at 8:00 am. The winner will be notified within 38 hours. If the selected winning ticket holder is unreachable, the winner will forfeit the prize and a new winner will be drawn. If the winner is physically unable to participate, s/he may designate someone to shop for them. (Kennie’s Marketplace employees are ineligible to shop.) Ticket purchasers may designate the Taneytown Food Bank instead of themselves. If a Food Bank ticket wins, the Food Bank may choose the participant.
4. General Release: By entering the contest (purchasing a ticket), you release the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association and Kennie’s Marketplace and their respective directors, officers, members, their families or any descendants from any liability whatsoever for claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with this contest or with the acceptance, possession or use of the prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light).
5. AFFIRMATION: As a condition of receiving the prize, the winner will be required to execute an Affirmation of Eligibility, unless prohibited by law, consent to the use of their name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information for promotional and other purposes without further payment, except where prohibited by law. The winner’s signature on the Affirmation of Eligibility will meet this consent requirement.
6. WINNER NAME AND OFFICIAL RULES: Copies of the official rules will be available at all ticket sale sites and on the website: http://www.taneytownhh.org. The winner’s name will be listed on the same website after the drawing date.
7. MISCELLANEOUS: Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Taneytown Heritage and Museum Association which are final and binding in all respects. The association, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to change these rules at any time on or before the drawing.
“Holiday of Trees, Wreaths & Centerpieces 2015” Viewing & Bidding
Miniature trees, 4 ft trees, Wreaths & Centerpieces.
Decorated items voted on by general public beginning December 1 – 19, 2015
*Become a sponsor or tree decorator! Click here to learn more and download the registration and information forms. 2015 forms to be available soon.
Location: New Windsor State Bank : 222 E. Baltimore Street, Taneytown, MD