(Picture and articles on display) The Taneytown Volunteer Fire Co. was organized in 1897. Land was purchased in 1902 and on July 2, 1903, the new firehouse was dedicated. The City Council and various community organizations held their meetings on the second floor. A new, larger firehouse was erected in 1970. The original building was first remodeled in 1977 to serve as a municipal building and is presently Taneytown City Hall.
4th Edition Museum Holiday Ornament – 2011 – Taneytown Volunteer Fire Co. No. 1 Inc. 1897