(Picture and articles on display) Taney Inn. Located at the intersection of Trevanion Road and E. Baltimore Street, the inn opened on Feb. 24, 1946, featuring chicken, steak, and ham dinners served “family style.” It drew weekend guests from Baltimore, Frederick and Washington, D.C. Governor McKeldin, senators and congressmen were frequent visitors. Taneytown’s service clubs met there regularly, in fact, the first and last meals were for the Kiwanis Club. it closed on Dec. 21, 1969. The New Windsor State Bank now occupies the site.